Composite Motors, Inc. designs and manufactures custom, brushless DC, permanent magnet motors and motor controllers for high-reliability needs of the medical, aerospace, military, and industrial markets. Vertical integration, along with patented material technologies sets us apart in our field. All design and manufacturing are completed in the United States with facilities in Brooksville, FL, and Attleboro, MA. To learn more about CMI visit us at www.compositemotors.com/about-us/ or www.linkedin.com/company/composite-motos-inc-composite-modules-inc
CMI is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work as part of the product development team responding to customer requests. Utilizing a “design for manufacturing” approach engineers will create BLDC motors and/or motor controller housings, along with manufacturing equipment to support production. This equipment may include tooling, fixturing, gauging, and test equipment. Engineering personnel at Composite Motors, Inc. are required to integrate the aforementioned equipment to the production floor. The Engineering team will share responsibility with Manufacturing for process development and training.
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize Solidworks along with DFM to create product and support items.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Manufacturing to create and implement operating procedures for equipment, as well as production procedures for assembly.
- Read and assess customer supplied schematics for feasibility.
- Research new materials, equipment, and technique when necessary.
- Act as a technical liaison for production personnel throughout the life of the products. (Cradle to Grave Approach)
- Assist Sales with proposals by providing development timelines.
- Follow product development procedures.
- Minimum of a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience.
- Knowledge and experience with BLDC motor technology.
Other Skills/Abilities –
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to take instruction.
- Willingness to work as a team.
- Electro/Mechanical skills a plus.
- Familiarity with ISO is helpful.
Employer does reference/background check and drug testing. We offer participation in our group health, dental, and vision insurance after 90 days, and upon eligibility, enrollment in our 401k retirement plan with Company match. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Flexible schedule negotiable. Please reply with resume (MS Word only) and a contact number.
|Job Category||Engineering, Mechanical|