CMI is currently seeking an engineering technician to use the principles and theories of science, engineering, and mathematics to solve technical problems in research and development, manufacturing, inspection, and preventative maintenance. Works in research and development, builds and/or sets up equipment, prepares and conducts experiments, collects data, calculates or records results, and helps engineers make prototypes of newly designed equipment. Assists engineers in design work, using design and drafting (CADD) equipment, i.e., Solidworks. Usually work under direction of engineering staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate tool drawing designs by measuring drawing dimensions and comparing with original specifications for form and function using engineering skills.
- Devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified mechanical components for products such as company owned industrial machinery or equipment, and measuring instruments.
- Discuss changes in design, method of manufacture and assembly, and drafting techniques and procedures with staff and coordinates corrections.
- Operates drill press, grinders, engine lathes, or other machines to modify parts tested or to fabricate experimental parts for testing.
- Reviews project instructions and use of general hand tools to ascertain test specifications, procedures, and objectives, and test nature of technical drawings such as redesign.
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate proposals for improving equipment performance.
- Review project instructions and specifications to identify, modify and plan requirements fabrication, assembly and testing.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of one-self, other individuals, and processes to make improvements or take corrective actions.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
$18.00 – $21.00 per hour